The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 keeps on crashing

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by yohan610
  • Latest reply from thedudester
  • Topic Viewed 12885 times

yohan610

I have Vista Business and I installed Office 2007. When i use Outlook 2007 and i try to open any message or inbox, or even try to scroll down in the inbox Outlook stops responding. What can I do???is there anything tht i can do to fix it???pls help me with this!!!!

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

Do you have any add-ons installed for office? Usually this type of thing happens when you've got some plugin installed.

Is there any error message that it gives, or does it just close?

Also, you might want to check event viewer and see what it says.

Posted 7 years ago

yohan610

there are add-ons tht i can see, but i dont know how to disable them....no error message comes...it jus stops responding, and then in a little it goes right..yeah..must check event viewer...

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

You can launch outlook from the command line with the /safe parameter to load it without any add-ins. If that works, which it should, then you can start disabling add-ins and figure out which one is hanging it.

Posted 7 years ago

yohan610

i managed to disable all the add-ins except the AVG one, since i thought it is needed..but still the problem is there, but its not as bad as earlier...

Posted 7 years ago

thedudester

You should try disabling the AVG one too and see if it crashes. You can always enable it again later.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.