(Solved) - Outlook 2007 Account settings

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from JHubbard92
  • Topic Viewed 168288 times

InDiSent
InDiSent

Hey everyone,

I am installing office 2007 on a new pc that i just built for my wife. How do i export her account settings from outlook 2007 on her old machine then import it onto her new machine. I don't want to manually setup all of her gmail accounts again. Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Hmm. The first I did to find an answer is a Google search for "Export Outlook 2007 Accounts" and the 10th result is this thread. Google appears to index pages pretty quickly.
Also searched for "Export Outlook 2007 Settings".
It found a bunch of forum posts that say:
1. Outlook has an "Import and Export" option in the menus but it doesn't export account passwords.
2. Use the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" in Windows.
3. Expert some registry tree.

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Hey JD,

Yeh, i found those answers too. A couple of problems; the import/export button in outlook does not export account settings. You can do contacts and such, but not account settings. The file and transfer wizard also does not export Outlook accounts, it does do outlook express. The registry one seemed the most likely solution. However, i read that it was iffy if the machines were not identical. I called MS since i have 90days of free tech support. They told me there was no way to export the Outlook 2007 accounts. There used to be a way in the import/export option, but they took that feature out....go figure. I even tried telling outlook express to import internet account settings. That's the typical way to do it if you were switching from one Mail Client to OE, but it could not even find the outlook account settings. I just copied my .pst files and internet calendar files and put them on the new computer then i had to manually setup the accounts. It didn't take long, but it sux when you have to setup multiple accounts. Hopefully enough people will complain and MS will fix the account export issue.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

You may have seen this in your search, http://support.microsoft.com/d.....us;Q196492
It doesn't answer your question directly but the saving of the Outcmd.dat file is a real time saver.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Well that sucks, I can't imagine why Microsoft would remove a settings/accounts import and export feature.
I also the program Outlook Backup that says it can backup data files, settings and accounts. Unfortunately, you have to pay for it to restore settings and accounts, the trial version only restores data files.

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Yeh, i saw the outlook backup thing and the MS article too. It is pretty lame that they removed that feature. Oh well, i did it the hard way. Hopefully somebody at MS tries to do this and realizes that they need to put the feature back.

Accepted Answer · Posted 6 years ago

squareeyes

Please be advised that I have tried ABF Outlook backup and also another app called BackupOutlook. Neither worked for me, let me tell you why.

I use an Exchange server for my main email account. This restricts me to having all email received ending up in the Exchange amilbox even for additional POP3 accounts. I also have about 20 pop3 accounts which are legacy and due to me having moved around alot in life and therefore using different ISP's meant I endded up changing my email address often. POP3 accounts in my Outlook profile must have the Echange Mailbox as their final delivery point.

Neither of the above products works with this setup. BackupOutlook simply does not recreate teh Exchange account only the POP3 accounts. ABF simply wont give you the option to backup the Profile. BackuOutlook claim it does work ABF do not and I am still trying to get my refund from BackupOutlook despite their "satisfaction garantee".

Most of these apps provide a limited demo which does not let you test these all important things without buying so I suggest you DONT buy them.

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

@ squareeyes

Very nice post, but the topic is one year old, I don't know why but just latley people have a habbit to reply to MEGA OLD posts?

But 10/10 for the responce ;)

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.