The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Outlook 2003 Distribution Lists

(7 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by forefather
  • Latest reply from michael
  • Topic Viewed 1139 times

forefather

Can anybody help with this, I am unable to send mails to any distribution lists I have created using outlook 2003. I have recently got a new PC and these worked fine on the old one. I have created the lists, added a name, added addresses etc and all appears fine but when I attempt to send to them outlook refuses to recognise them, they are in my 'contacts' section and I am able to right click and select 'send new message to list' I have trawled Microsoft Online help for an answer but got nothing, can anybody help ?

Posted 7 years ago

michael

What error message do you recieve, and is there an error code? The code will be something like this on the message box:

Error Code: 0x088000

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

Your using Exchange Server?

Posted 7 years ago

forefather

I do not get an error message just that the address I am sending to does not exist. Yes our mailboxes are based on Exchange Server

Posted 7 years ago

michael

You should double check the email addresses perhaps? Just a thought.

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

forefather

It is a group which I have used before, I have triple checked all the addresses, it's not even getting that far though, it's like the distribution list does not exist even though it clearly does.

Posted 7 years ago

michael

Try reinstalling your server. This may help. Also - maybe the format is too old / incompatible?

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.