The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Outlook 2003 - Default address list?

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by knotbeer
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 2651 times

knotbeer

An employee recently submitted a HelpDesk trouble ticket explaining they couldn't write e-mail to another person in the company and I opted to take care of it. The user was entering the wrong address (we have 3 offices, and each state has a different "suffix.com")

Upon attempting to show them how to use the Exchange Golobal Address List, when I would click on the "New" e-mail button, a dialog box would pop up with an error explaining that it could not find the list. When I chose to look at the Global Address List, it was for some reason showing the Exchange Server's name (LSDAZDC1) and was attempting to use that as the list by default. I don't know why or how this happened, and they are the only person out of 100+ that have this issue.

Is there a way to simply make Outlook 2003 open the Global Address List (or any other one, for that matter) by default?

Weird thing is, they said this started happening after we upgraded them to Office 2003 from Office 2000. I believe they are lying becaue this particular person has had their computer replaced 2 separate times this year alone.

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

If you go under the address book, there should be a tools \ options menu that will let you set which address book to show first.

Posted 7 years ago

knotbeer

DUH!! Okay. I kept looking in Tools>Options... and didn't even think to look for this. I am not as proficient at using MS Office software as I am at installing it. Thank you very much!

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

Glad we could help!

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.