The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Operating system ISO to DVD

(17 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by reederda
  • Latest reply from lvct
  • Topic Viewed 3205 times

reederda

I recently downloaded an iso of the Windows 7 RC. I have some recordable DVD-R's to put them on. But I don't know how to get the iso to go to the dvd! is there some software i need, or what?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

ImgBurn is a great, free program:
http://www.imgburn.com/

Posted 5 years ago

LH

This one is small and uncomplicated. I have been using it for over 2 years,
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Posted 5 years ago

JoeWard

i recomend using express burner is very simpl you just install it choose the iso and it sais record as data disc or iso you just choose iso bow sit back and let the computer do the rest!

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt

i agree with LH, i've used isorecorder for a few years.

Posted 5 years ago

reederda

About ISORecorder, When I download it and install, i can't find the icon to start it, and when i got into the program files to start it, all i could find was a exeshell.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

All you need to do is right click on the iso file, and select it. No need to start it up first.

Posted 5 years ago

reederda

What should I look for? there's nothing that says isorecorder when i right click.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

When you right click on an iso file, does it show in Open with... ?

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt

if i right click on the file i want to burn, on the drop down list i get "create iso image file"

Posted 5 years ago

Hermitt

With ISO Recorder installed, you should see "Copy to CD" when you right click on any ISO file.

http://img269.imageshack.us/my.....wnmenu.jpg

OOPS: I just realized that ISO Recorder DOES NOT burn DVD's - only CD's
You will have to use a burning software like NERO or Roxio.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

See 2nd post.

Posted 5 years ago

JoeWard

use express burner its really easy

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Hermitt, it does burn DVD's otherwise I wouldn't use it. I guess you are using XP ?

Welcome to the ISO Recorder download page. ISO Recorder is a tool (power toy) for Windows XP, 2003 and now Windows Vista, that allows (depending on the Windows version) to burn CD and DVD images (DVD support is only available on Windows Vista), copy disks, make images of the existing data CDs and DVDs and create ISO images from a content of a disk folder.

Posted 5 years ago

taybay

Like Scott said, try ImgBurn. They include burning guides on their website as well.

Posted 5 years ago

Hermitt

Hermitt, it does burn DVD's otherwise I wouldn't use it. I guess you are using XP ?

Yes LH, I use XP Pro.
I read the part (DVD support is only available on Windows Vista) and it's embarrassing to admit that I didn't realize I was posting in the Windows 7 forum. DUH!
:o)

Posted 5 years ago

lvct

Iso Recorder V3.1 released 23 Jan 09 is compatible with vista and windows7 for cd, dvd and blue ray (vista requires sp2 for blue ray) and is available in 32 bit and 64 bit versions. A dvd image including bootable can be recorded and the creation of a dvd image is also supported.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.