The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

OPERA Web Browser

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by bicky
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1130 times

bicky

Anyone tried "OPERA" - seems to be a pretty good browser. I have found that sites that will not work with Explorer or Firefox open up with Opera

Posted 6 years ago

GriZlore
GriZlore

I have used Opera, and Opera Mini, however both of these have been on my Mobile (Cell) Phone

What are these sites that wont open with Explorer or Firefox?

Posted 6 years ago

frigiliana

I am trying it at the moment . 9.5 version very fast just a couple of things for me to iron out , i can't get the spell check to work , and i like to have a email notifier like i have on firefox and i can't seem to work that out maybe it's because it's yahoo mail also RSS feeds you have to open the list then click to open the topic then click again to open the full page so needs tweaking i think , i am using it most on my wireless connection where it loads pages much faster

Cheers Dave

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

I like Opera - especially 9.5. But I just use the browser - no additional functions like frigiliana.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I've not seen the frigiliana function? What does it do? :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Lighthouse, I referred to this comment of his " Spellcheck just couldn't get it to work , Mail notifier the same and RSS feeds you need to open them a second time , but will definitely give it a go when the full version is available".

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!