How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Open Office.org

(42 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by JDorfler
  • Latest reply from JDorfler
  • Topic Viewed 6058 times

whs
whs

@JDorfler, the ones that come to mind are FastStone Capture for $20 (although there is an old free version), Norton Ghost for $70 (alternatively Acronis for $49,95),Kaspersky and Norton IS for around $60 - but I always managed to get free product keys, and then my favorite: Office 2007 Home and Student for appr. $100 - for that you get a lot of function. Those are the ones I use. But there are a few more on my list once my finance minister releases the funds.
BTW: I was talking about "Security Suites" - Spybot is not in that class. I use it mostely to watch my registry (TeaTimer). Along the same lines I use WinPatrol that watches my filetype associations amongst other things. For scanning I prefer SuperAntiSpyware.

Posted 5 years ago

JDorfler
JDorfler

You're right. I meant as far as a "suite" goes I use AVG and SpyBot together as my suite so to speak. I find they both compliment each other just fine. My firewall is the Win Firewall that comes installed and integrated into WinXP. However I don't use my WinXP partition to surf or run questionable things.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!