• Latest reply from JonMCC33
  • Topic Viewed 920 times

Tyralia

Example:
I have 3 files:
File1.xlsx
File2.xlsx
File3.xls
(note the extension of the last file compared to the others)

If I select File1 and File2, and right click, it gives me an option to open them.
However, if I select all the 3 files, the option is no longer there, even though it is the same application that opens them.
I would like Vista to open all my files at the same time, preferably even if the files are not all opened by the same application.

Any help on this would be great please! I've tried to search for this but haven't found a working solution.

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

You need the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack. Download and install here: http://office.microsoft.com/en.....61033.aspx

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@JonMCC33: That is for opening Office 2007 formats in programs like Office 2003. I don't think that is what the topic op wants. I think the topic op wants to be able to open files of different types selected in Windows Explorer at once.

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

In that case, he can open Excel and go to File > Open and select each file. They should all open without a problem.

Posted 5 years ago

Tyralia

Yeah not quite sorry, like jd2006 said "open files of different types selected in Windows EXPLORER", and preferably of files that aren't opened by the same program. (doc and xls for example)

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

What you listed were all Excel files though. Anyway, I see what you mean. If I select just a bunch of PDF files I can right click and select Open with..., heck I can even just hit Enter on the keyboard and they all open. But once you select a file of a different type, say a DOC or JPG you don't get Open with... nor can you even hit Enter on your keyboard and have any of them open.

Sort of odd but the answer is that it's not possible AFAIK. It's just as easy to double click on each file though.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!