How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - open full screen from desktop icon

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by steveham
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 4555 times

steveham

Hi,

My ASUS laptop (Vista Ultimate) has recently decided to open from desktop internet icons (IE8, Facebook etc) into a small screen, not full screen. I have resized the window by dragging the corners then exiting, but this does not make the resizing "stick", as it used to in Windows XP. I have searched my IE8 settings but cannot find anything to correct this.
Might have happened when I updated from IE7 to IE8. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Hi steveham. Right click on the icon, select Properties > Shortcut.
Set Run to maximised

Posted 4 years ago

steveham

My shortcut key is set to "None" and I can't access it to change it.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Being set to "None" should not make a difference. It is the "Run" below that you need to change.

Posted 4 years ago

steveham

My version of the Properties does not have a shortcut tab. It has General, Web Document, Security, Web Details, and Previous Versions.
I have tried the earliest version (dated about a week ago) but apparently this was created after the problem arose.

My icon for AVG has the shortcut tab that you talk about, and the ability to change this.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Go to the .exe file. Create a new desktop shortcut. And see if that still applies.
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Posted 4 years ago

steveham

Hi LH, I deleted the old icon and created an new shortcut like you suggested, and BINGO it now works, just like a bought one!
Thanks for all your help and patience.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Hey, no probs mate. Glad it worked :) Am curious how the old one got corrupted tho' !

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!