How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Only Google will load

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by swearingaxis
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 15985 times

swearingaxis

Hi,
My mums been having problems with her internet, no matter which browser she uses they will only load google homepage and nothing else. I did a quick google search and followed the solution belwo:

'click start.. in the search window type cmd and then hit ctrl shift enter that will bring up a black box on the screen type netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "wireless network connection" mtu=1492 store= persistent and hit enter you should get a ok and after that type exit and hit enter thats it your wireless should work again works like a charm'

This worked fine but the next day she was back to having the same problems again. Can anyone help, she's operating windows vista, but I believe my brother is having the same problem on windows 7

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

swearingaxis, hi.

Try this command;

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface persistent

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

swearingaxis

okay, I'm going round on my way home from work tonight so I'll try that and see if it works, I'm assuming I'll need to do this on my brothers laptop as well to fix his

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

no matter which browser she uses they will only load google homepage and nothing else

If it is the home page that is wrong you need to set it on each browser to the home page you want. First set up the page(s) you want as Home pages then...

In IE it's Tools (Gear icon) -> Internet options ->General tab -> Select Use Current pages.
In Firefox or Pale Moon -> Firefox Button -> Options -> Options -> Select Use Current pages.
In Google Chrome -> Tools (Wrench icon) -> Settings -> On Startup -> Open a specific page or set of pages -> Set Pages -> Use current pages.
Other browsers just ask

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!