Scott
Scott

http://www.codinghorror.com/bl.....01157.html

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Scott,

Great informative post !!

We keep trying to tell folks not to "rip themselves off" by purchasing off the shelf proprietary computers from vendors but I guess some just don't care or bother to listen. After reading the Asus Manual, it probably would take all of 30 minutes to build the machine with all parts at hand. My record is 10 minutes on the living room carpet (LOL).

Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i've always liked putting my own together you feel like you have really done something worth while when you are done and it starts up right away it's a good feeling :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Hmm, I guess building a PC is like playing with the erector kit in my days. You get a feel for nuts and bolts. And you have a better idea where to look when things go on the blink.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

It's good to see what other folks are using in their builds, whether they are experts or not. It's especially good when they explain why they are getting the parts they chose. As well as The Geek's parts list on this site, here is another that is useful for comparison and understanding:
http://www.tomshardware.com/re.....,1748.html

Of course, every individual gets to choose their own parts for their own reasons. Also, these lists tend to be obsoleted quickly as newer (usually better) hardware is coming out all the time.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

lol whs i used to play with my dads erector kit like every day when i was a bit younger :)

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

In UK. Meccano :) I knew it well.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

That really was a great post from Jeff... Coding Horror is one of my favorite blogs.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!