The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Older brother safety patrol (lol)

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by cobija
  • Latest reply from Hatryst
  • Topic Viewed 1899 times

cobija

Hello everyone. for a while now, i walk into my brother's room (hes only 11 btw) and i see him quickly close something and i look and hes just starring at the desktop of his computer. i ask him what he is doing and he says JUST LOOKING AROUND KNOCK BEFORE YOU COME IN JEEZ. lol..well, since im the only one that cares what he does in the family, even though he is my little step brother, but i really dont like him like i would with a real brother, but w/e. I just want him to be safe and not grow up being a sex offender or something =), what can i do to see what he is doing/viewing? we have a belkin router (N1 vision) and it has no parental controls. BTW, he has a mac, and i have windows vista =)

Posted 5 years ago

LH

cobija. Talk to your parents about it.

Moved to OT.

Posted 5 years ago

cobija

sorry about putting it in the wrong section. thought since i had vista that was where i shouldve put the topic. i mean, what other options are there? i tried keyloggers but there arent any good for mac, and network monitors are confusing.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

How good is your brother at hacking the system ?

Posted 5 years ago

cobija

not good at all. he went on limewire and downloaded the most sketching song: it had no hosts, spelling was wrong, and size was wrong. it was like 200kb hahaha. so basically he came to me, told me my computer is broken, i fixed it in 10 minutes. so he is a newbie.but remeber, he has mac. and majority of good keyloggers run on windows.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

OK. I am moving this back to the main forum, because I have no idea on how to lock down a Mac :(

Posted 5 years ago

cobija

ok thanks. for anyone just reading this, here is what im essentailly try to do. my little bro knows how to delete history and i think has CCleaner on his computer. so basically, how do i see what hes done?

Posted 5 years ago

hatryst

cobija, as far as i can think, a keylogger can be the best thing you can use... All you need is to look for one that works with mac, or perhaps there might be any emulator or something that might make windows apps run on a mac...
(since i haven't used a mac, so i dont have that much info about it...)
You are elder bro, so you can use this
This software is mac compatible

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.