READ VERY VERY CAREFULLY.
1. Cut and paste the win98se.exe from the old floppy disk and put it on your desktop.
2. Using another (new) floppy disk, make Bootable Floppy Disk on XP machine.
3. Using Search with advanced features on, search XP C: Drive for Format File.
4. Copy XP Format File to newly made Boot Floppy Disk.
5. Take new Boot Floppy Disk with Format File on it and try to boot from Floppy Drive ON (Laptop) machine.
6. If laptop machine boots from new Floppy Disk, Type FORMAT C: /FS:FAT32 on laptop machine.
Did laptop boot ??
Did laptop HD format ??
Rick P.♦ :)
Old laptop will not format HD to load Win98SE(23 posts)
Thank you for all your time today. I downloaded an iso of the 98se disk and extracted it to a folder, then burned all those files to a cd. Then booted up with the OEM Windows 98SE program disk to a >A: prompt, then went to the D drive and changed the cd to the one with all the boot files. I formated and then restarted the computer with the program disk again. It took it this time and is loading now.
Thank you so much for your time and your thoughts. When your in this kind of spot, it's good to have someone to bounce ideas around with.
This topic has been closed to new replies. Please create a new topic instead.