SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Ok new video card suggestions please and thx :)

(18 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Latest reply from SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Topic Viewed 618 times

SkittlesTheCat2012

Ok so as we know i made my desktop friday with a gtx 560 ti oc at 900mhz. Well i decided it wasnt good enough for me. So i returned it to the store today. And i was wondering of a good card for around $300. Had one in mind but not sure was hoping for some personal experiance if anyone could. But im not possitive if it would work with my asrock z77 extreme4. I dont know to much about this supriesed it even worked on my first try of putting it togeather 6 hours that is haha. and of course some help from people on here :) well the card i have in mind is.

GV-R787OC-2GD AMD Radeon HD 7870 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card

for $299 not to bad i think idk though lol
Just wanted some thoughts before i bought it plaining on getting one around the 10th of aug.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

SkittlesTheCat2012

would it fit my curren mobo once again thx for all your help just not to sure when it comes to this things. Also i was plaining on getting new case. One that is a full ATX instead of a mid ATx. Currently have the mid and its to small to me and no room for 2 more fans like i would like. But would i need better power supply to run the extra fans and this new video card. Currently have a TX650M corsair. thx again for all ur help

new case i want
or this one

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Case Comparison for the ones you picked plus overall popularity. Notice the fans included.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....2D213%2DTS

Your 650W PSU has PCI-Express 2 x 6+2-Pin Connectors which is what the the new Video Card needs.

It should work ok.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Ohh that helped alot i tried looking at diff sites couldnt get those kinda charts. So my psu be fine running extra fans ? and i only have 3 slots for case fans and i saw one for power fan and one for cpu fan 2 that isnt being used can i use those ??? 2 extra spots for case fans so that i could have more fans running or no ?

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Ok im a lil confused so the case i have has a fan that plugs into the mobo only not the power supply on some of the cases i see have connectors to plug into power supply. And i ran outa connectors exepct for 2 sata connectors so does this mean i can only run 2 fans? or can i get a adapter that would turn one sata if thats what its called nto sure into 2 connectors for the fans ? Once again sorry for all the question must be tired of me by now lol

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

These Cases have all the fans you need.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....2D213%2DTS

Will have to buy some adapter splitters to run all the fans.

Is best to run the fans straight from the PSU rather than the MB connectors.

The Salesman can help you.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

ok ty i found the one i want thx to you :) and it has a some deal on back where i can hook up 7 fans and only needs one power connecter thing to run all 7 fans so i wont run out of psu power plugs :)

for the win YAY cant wait

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

My BAD !!!!

Is a misprint in on newegg.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

? whats that mean ? omg i thot i found a good one lol dang and i liked that one since it had that 7 fan 1 psu molox thing

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

It Will work fine.

Just a misprint on newegg site. :) :)
NZXT CA-SW810-B1
9.25" x 23.43" x 23.03"

Should Read 23.43" x 9.25" x 23.03" :) ;)

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

lol omg u had me worried. Well i think thats it for upgrading from my first idea to bad i bought the stuff first haha o well in the end i only lose $40 for bought parts that wont be used. So u helped me on my build what do you think? with new video card and the new case. anything else i need to upgrade while i can still tak some of this stuff back lol

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

No Problem.

Happy Building !!

Get this too !!!!
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=1

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

ohh hmm mite have to not to expensive either :)

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Yes, mount the USB box in the adapter and then mount the adapter in an open 5.25 top slot in the case.

Works well.

Is what I use.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

ok thx going to be 2 3 weeks before i get new case. but video card is next friday yay hope it hold up. Also got my new 24" led monitor today. :)

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

:) :)

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Lol

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!