How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Oh dear

(22 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 840 times

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Am working from a crappy hotel room for the night. And the chair is killing my back.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Where you @ LH?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Brignoles, France.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

How about like I do every night laying on my left side and using the onscreen keyboard with my mouse.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Not using my laptop on the bed. Tis working from the top of the fridge.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

In that case your solution is probably in the fridge.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Fridge is off (I needed the socket), and I bought a 2 way adaptor with me (laptop and external drive). Also bought along a half decent bottle of 12 year old single malt !

Posted 1 year ago

Ted16
Ted16

Why have I got a picture in my head of a chair wielding a carving knife. :) Mind you that's not the only thing cos I know why your there. LOL

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yeah Ted, been sent to purgatory :) btw, thanks for that nice chat :)

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Been there, done that, wore out the tee shirt. I spent the night in a somewhat pricey motel a couple of weekends ago in Prescott, AZ (a friend and I were up there for the folk music festival). We didn't spend much time there, which was pity since it was one of the nicest rooms, if not the nicest, I've ever stayed in. It was huge. There was a large desk with an office chair as well as a small table with two comfy chairs (I let herself have the desk and I took the table). WIFI reception was outstanding; heck, the router was on the desk. There was also a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Last summer,the same friend and I spent almost a week up in Evanston, WY for her mother's memorial service, to scatter her mother's ashes, visit friend's we made up there, and do some sightseeing. While in Evanston, we stayed in a budget hotel that had once been part of a nicer chain. The room also was large and had a microwave/refrigerator combo left over from its former ownership. On the way back, since we were sightseeing, we spent the night in Kanab, UT at another really nice motel.

Then there was the dump I stayed in during a power outage back in August. For that stay, all needed was a shower, loo, and bed. It had those so I was happy.

The really nice motels are out of my budget but, for an occasional one nighter, they are a welcome change.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I have stayed in nice hotels. This aint one of them.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Dumps happen, sadly.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Were you forced to evacuate your home or something LH?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yep, but just for one night.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Sounds like the place I stayed on my last NASCAR trip. Expensive and not nice. Fridge worked for beer though.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

@ warlock, LOL!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

LH, You right out the bottle or old coffee mug?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Plastic cup. Forgot to pack my whisky glass.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

LH, Good luck tonight mate.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That luck never did arrive :(

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.