How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

HOW TO: Official Tutorial Request, POST HERE

(52 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by milnerw
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 11073 times

vistamike
vistamike

Hi sheshadriji, better to start as a new topic for a quicker response. In the meantime I will post some links when I find them.

Mike

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

vistual
vistual

Firefox:
( Name of the program you are asking for - Plus download location if it is not a popular program ) ......
Add-ons : DownThemAll & FlashGot

(What you are looking for in the tutorial)
was hoping to see a tutorial on the set-up and use of these add-ons and a comparison of the two that show differences in
usability (ease-of-use), versatility (feature rich), conversion abilities ?, etc.,etc...

(Any other info you think might help us help you)
currently experimenting with DownloadHelper (homepage)

would also be great to see some mention about the impact on resources (ram/cpu usage)

thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Scott
Scott

How to use videos found here, http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/fr.....wnload.htm

Posted 3 years ago

TonyTheTiger

Hello HTG. I enjoyed the recent (and on-going ?) tutorial on Photoshop. I was hoping someone could run a (series of) tutorials on intermediate networking - specifically directed at Verizon FioS, but routers in general would be fine. I'm sure I'm not the only reader using their service/rooter who would like to understand what I see "under-the-hood". I understand some of the basics, but not all of the functions. For instance, (in my case at least) the DHCP Server assigns the local IP Address to specific MAC Addresses. But does it assign Subnet Masks, too. Or is there only one. And how is this different from a DHCP Relay? Why are there bother Primary and Secondary DNS Servers? When do I want a static address vs. a dynamic one and why is there an expiration time at all. QoS? DMZ? SIP ALG? Multicast IGMP Filtering?
Most routers give a little blurb for a field or setting. Sometimes nothing but a numeric range. But things are never actually explained. Everyone just uses the defaults and hopes it works. I've used routers by Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, Cisco, Belkin, and this one from Verizon FioS. I would love something more like a paragraph or two on these features.
As an aside, (though the above rant was prompted by it), my wireless connection mysteriously stopped working today after a year with out problems. it took 3 1/2 hours of poking around with all the standard power checking, rebooting, SSID and Encryption checking, retyping of passwords - both by keyboard and cut/paste, driver checking, etc. Finally I changed the password from my nice randomly generated 64 character WPA2 password to "TESTWIFI" and then back again to the previous 64 characters. That's it. It shouldn't have worked or even mattered. It's fixed but not solved. So, HTG... Why?
Thanks in advance.
Michael

Posted 3 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

They DO have an interesting Support Methodology.

http://twitter.com/verizonsupport

Subscribe
http://twitter.com/statuses/us.....435412.rss

Posted 3 years ago

LH
LH

Michael hi. Can you please post your question in a new topic. Thankyou.

Posted 3 years ago

isakavkaz

Please someone can help me figure out hot to use Ave's windows style builder im very new to this so please detailed :)

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

isakavkaz hi, can you please repost in the appropriate forum please ie Vista or Win 7

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

smithy1294

can you please post how to install windows xp or vista on a CLEAN sata II

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

smithy1294 please start a new topic in xp.
And be more explicit so we can help.

This one is now closed

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.