The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Office 2010 ?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Travis299
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 552 times

Travis299

I have a legal Office 2010 program installed on a laptop and I would like to discontinue that copy and re-install Office 2010 on a desktop that I am building. I have the product key for this Office 2010 program and my question is can I do this & if so how? Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

In most cases with Office 2010 you can have 1 copy on a primary machine, 1 copy on a portable running simultaneously.

See EULA @: https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-software-license-terms-for-microsoft-office-2010-HA101817777.aspx?CTT=3

Please post back if you have Office Starter or have downloaded Office 2010 from MS.

Edit: Taken from the document:

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

That could be a bit misleading. Most retail copies of Office 2010 Home and Student are actually Family Packs that allow three installations per license. If one's copy of Office 2010 Home and Student has a SKU of 79G-02144, it is the three user family pack. My copy of the Family Pack has the same EULA as above. Based on that, each licensee could install their copy on a desktop and a portable device for a total of six installations amongst three users.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

From link I posted above:

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I didn't say it was wrong, just misleading. The EULA refers to individual licenses only without referring to the fact there can be more than one license.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!