The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

NVIDIA updates

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by sandillajoan
  • Latest reply from sandillajoan
  • Topic Viewed 535 times

sandillajoan

I scanned my computer using DriverUpdate and found that I need 3-4 NVIDIA updates. There are so many driver update programs i found(including the one I used for the scan)online and I have no idea which to purchase. Can somebody please help me out buy recommending one of these programs to me that you have found to be easy to use and reliable? tx....sandi

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Firstly do not pay for anything driver related. Secondly, If your graphics is working fine, why take the risk of breaking it with an update.
That goes for any drivers.

Posted 2 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

NONE are reliable. NONE are really needed, you can DO all this by yourself!

Many list a lot of devices that need updating. Problem is that many are FALSE alarms. In many instance you WILL get the suggested file, run it, and it says you don't have the correct h/w. In some cases you could wind up with either a non-bootable system or some h/w not working.

NVIDIA, you go to the website, locate your h/w, and then d/l the FULL DRIVER, and you'll be all set.

Yes, it is NICE to get a list in one place, but like I said, a lot are false alarms. Think of the OLD adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Many updates are to include new h/w usually anyway. The code you have on your machine might be the same in a 'suggested' file.

Irv S.

Posted 2 years ago

sandillajoan

Thanks - every so often everything becomes tiled, and/or blurry. I've checked all of my connections and they are fine. So, I'll do as suggested and go directly to NVIDIA and try and d/l the Full Driver.........I'm not particularly computer literate, so hopefully I'll have no problems. Thanks so much to both answers. I will always check here first before falling for any of these paid for programs.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.