How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Nvidia Graphic Card (GeForce GT420M) hitting 234 degree celcius

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jagannath
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 436 times

jagannath

Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire 5745g-6323 with intel core i7 (4x ~1.73Ghz), 4 gb ram, and a nvidia geforce GT 420M 1gb dedicated graphic card. for the first year it worked fine, but after that even the oldest games like most wanted (2005), motogp 3 dont run, complete lag even on lowest settings. After checking GPU-Z and speed fan, the GPU temp. shows 234 degree Celsius. i tried installing the latest graphic driver, formatting and re installing the system, tried in Ubuntu, gave it to a mechanic, but no luck.

Please tell and suggest me any way to get it back its normal state.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Something is wrong here. At 234C, that GPU should have melted. I suspect there is something wrong with the temperature sensors or GPU-Z does not read them right.

Try another measurement program. There are plenty on the web.

Posted 1 year ago

jagannath

i tired speed fan, some software in Ubuntu and all show the same 234* Celsius. and i have something more to tell, windows aero and transparent works and the screen is in full res 1366x768, maybe that is only possible if graphic card is working rite?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Then I would say that something is wrong with the temperature sensor. There is probably little you can do about that.

Posted 1 year ago

jagannath

i dont care about the temp., but even the oldest games are not working and Nvidia GPU Gadget shows 0rpm

Posted 1 year ago

whs

I guess you are a candidate for a new GPU.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.