The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Nvidia Display Driver update

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jkhale
  • Latest reply from jkhale
  • Topic Viewed 1117 times

jkhale

I have a NVidia GeForce 6150LE display adapter. Driver max informed me that the driver needed to be updated. I did so and lost the "Nvidia Display" option when I right click on my desktop. It also changed the display on my Samsung 223GW monitor. I was not able to correct the settings using the Samsung Magictune program. I had to roll back the driver to get it corrected. Any Ideas?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

What you're looking for is the nVidia Control Panel.
Do you have the nVidia icon in 'regular' Control Panel?

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

jkhale, just because there is a newer driver available does not mean that you need it. It may be that Nvidia has a newer version of a driver for your system, but the manufacturer of your computer has not certified it's use. You should get the video drivers for your Dell from Dell.

I would only recommend going directly to the chip manufacturer for drivers if the system manufacturer's driver is giving you trouble or lacks features that you absolutely must have.

Posted 6 years ago

jkhale

I could only find the Nvidia desktop manager icon. It had no tab to access video settings. I have the old driver installed now, and all is working well. I was just wondering what happened.

Thanks for your help.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

I lost the desktop menu every time I tried to update my drivers too but that was a year ago. Things are much more stable (for me) since SP1 and really have no reason now to update.

Glad to hear things are 'normal'.

Posted 6 years ago

jkhale

Thanks for your help, I think I'll just leave it alone unless I encounter another problem. I don't know why the Samsung software would not let me ajust the screen properly, it just didn't work.

thanks again.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.