How-To Geek Forums / Linux

not sure if you guys can help but

(12 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 1806 times

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i posted this yesterday but still don't have any answers so i'm wondering if any of you can help out :)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showth.....ost5538382

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i still have no replies on the ubuntu forum so either it's really hard or something lol

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Jack,

I searched the subject yesterday and couldn't even find a hint of an answer for you so I didn't post.

Sorry about that.
=======================
I would like something you might could provide.

Need a link to somewhere that will give me a knowledge of Gamer Video Card Nomenclature and Specs. Not just GPU speeds and memory - IE. Anisotropic filtering, 3.0 Shader and the OTHER TERMS you guys use when asking about Games and Video Cards.

Thanks and Again Sorry About Not Posting Search Results To You,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i thought i read yesterday that gOS has a new update that works on laptops. or am i half asleep and not reading the link right? gOS and ubuntu are the same thing aren't they?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

@ozspitt i don't think they are the same but i think that they are both linux distro's though.

@raphoenix ya i couldn't find any thing either which is why i posted it. and about the video cards i don't know much about them myself but i know that a 3.0 shader's and such are higher than a 2.0 one and the gpu speeds that is what i look at. i'm not really much of a gamer so i'm probs not the right one to talk to. and when buying i just mainly go by the comments on the card and compare specs. and i don't need a top of the line card either. but i will still try to find you a link but for now i think i'm going to sleep i just got done with a 12 hr. shift lol

i will probs post the link tomorrow. sometime.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

this is about the best i can find right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_card

if you want more info i can try to help but you can start with that i suppose

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Jack,

Thanks !!

Not being a Gamer, I have always just compared Video Cards by GPU Speeds, On-card Memory, Number and Types of Outputs, Number of Displays Supported, etc., and Don't Know what Shader's and the Other Filtering terms mean but they seem to be important so need to learn something.

Years ago, we use to Over Clock Video Cards, HOWEVER (NOT) much sense in doing such silly things anymore.

Thanks and Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

LifesSweetDrug
LifesSweetDrug

It's one of the main problems with Ubuntu . . .

I couldn't get my wireless working with Ubuntu even with drivers and neither could my geekier friends. So I gave up.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i think that is one of it's biggest problems is the wireless stuff

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

finally getting some feed back :) but still isn't fixed yet though :( you can take a look to see if you have any idea or whatever too.

here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5538382

Posted 5 years ago

gaurang

when i google it .. i realized everybody is looking for this !!!

no luck for you ....

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yeah i don't get any results other than the tread that i posted on the ubuntu forum

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!