The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Not able to install it

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by sanket2187
  • Latest reply from gnrsu
  • Topic Viewed 549 times

sanket2187

I got samsung 700z3a. It was working fine untill one day it would not move from the Windows screen. So i used the recovery option but that would not get pass the window screen either. So I tried to install the fresh copy of windows 7 / 8 from USB Drive. Neither of them would install without giving me the error message "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.".

I searched online and found the solution through command and diskpart option and I tried it 10 times but would still not do it for me. Than I tried to boot from CD but for some reason this computer does not boot from CD. Doesnt matter what I try and do but it will not from CD. I even tried to find out if there is any "Secure boot" option in BIOS but there is none and the first boot option is to boot from CD. So I dont understand what do in this situation.

It would not load form USB without giving me the above error message and it wont boot from CD. Any help would be helpful. Again I already have tried following options.

1) Made sure there is no SD card in the slot
2) Tried the Command and DIskpart option with quick format and regular format option.
3) tried finding out secure boot option to boot from cd but there is not secure boot option in my bios and it wont boot from cd even though its the first option to start with.
4) CD is bootable, because I tried it on different computer and it worked.

Computer is Samsung 700Z3A and it got Pheonix bios in it.

Posted 1 year ago

gnrsu
gnrsu

for portable win8 installation , you can try 2 apps:

Universal-USB-Installer

windows_8_usb_installer_maker

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!