SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Norton Ghost 14 available cheap (US only)

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ScottW
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 1860 times

ScottW
ScottW

It's not my intention to post about good deals all of the time. However, since I and whs frequently recommend Norton Ghost it seems only fitting that I should pass along info about a good deal. I have a subscription to a buy.com newsletter and they have a rebate offer good until 14 June 2008.
http://www.buy.com/prod/norton.....27284.html

The MSRP is $69.99 and the buy.com price is $62.99. There are two rebates available, first a $30 rebate for purchasing from buy.com and second a $20 "competitive upgrade" rebate. The competitive upgrade requires proof of ownership of a previous Ghost or other backup or utility software. If you only get the $30 rebate, the final price is $32.99. If you can get both rebates the final price is $12.99.

Note that these rebates come as cash cards which are basically prepaid debit cards. That makes them harder to spend than cash.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

That is a really good deal. I think anybody who had doubts about spending the money - now is the time. It should also be said, that the Ghost license is for 3 systems and it is for life (not a subscription like the Norton security). Further I would recommend to get the boxed version (they call it "physical") - not the download version.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

@ScottW & anyone. If you see a good deal, then post it!
Hacks me off that I cant get in on that one though :(

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Damn why cant i get it?!
whs was only a few days ago suggesting that I got it!
If anybody sees a good offer on this for UK/Europe, please tell me!

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415
sparky7415

Hey Aleeve,if I was in better shape,I'd swim over and drop it off.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

damn!
next time maybe :)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!