How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

No subtitles in Windows Media Player 12 Streaming in Network

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by jesusotero
  • Latest reply from jesusotero
  • Topic Viewed 3691 times

jesusotero

Hello, this is my first post.
I'm trying to solve something i can't seem to figure out by myself (or find ), so if anyone knows the solution to this, or can lead me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm streaming video files from my laptop to my main PC, to watch them in its bigger display. and also use the laptop as a sort of a remote controller for the media I'm streaming, the set up is explained in this article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....e-network/

however, if i stream the file from 1 PC to another from the windows media player, the subtitles won't display, but they will if i go through the network and find the file in the windows explorer and open it.

The subtitles are in .srt format, the video in .avi format, and both pc's have the same version of DirectVobSub (2.39).
i have also tried with filenames with no spaces or special characters, and in the desktop pc, i added the path in directvobsub for the video folder in the laptop(to check for subtitles in that path). didn't work either.

what seems is that the video that i want to stream from my laptop to the pc, doesn't activate the directvobsub codec in the pc, and i've tried the other way around with the same outcome.

i've heard Gom player can stream files along with subtitles over the network, but won't give you the control over the other pc media player. which is mainly what i'm looking for..

-Thanks in advance, Jesus.

Posted 4 years ago

jesusotero

anyone?

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!