The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

No hard disk found, tried everything. please please help

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by TOMATOPOTATO
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 521 times

TOMATOPOTATO

my computer froze while working, i pressed reset to restart the system, it said no boot device detected and showed no hard drive attached in bios menu, i have 2 hard drives, both sata. i changed around the cables primary and secondary and after an hour play around, the system started fine, i have no idea how, after half hour it froze again and nowits been a day since im changing cables tried a 3rd hard drive, reseted cmos, took out cmos cell, tried reinstall windows but i doesn't detect HDD so no use, it is a virus i suppose, please help i plugged in a 3rd hard disk which is working on my second pc, it too was not detected. it means its not a hard disk issue, hardisks are revolving, the boot led on mother boots lite up. i have tried even to change achi to ide in boot menu.. i even tried to reinstall windows with a bootable usb as dvd too is not being recognized. the usb files got corrupted on third restart. i have no idea what to do, do not say its hard drive failure as they worked fine after first error.

Posted 1 year ago

TOMATOPOTATO

system specs are: core i7 2600k 3.4 ghz processor, asus p8z68 PRO/Gen3 motherboard, nvidia 560ti 2gb graphic card, 16gb (4x4) DDR3 crosshair RAM, 850 Watt silent pro power supply, 1.5 TB westren digital green hard drive secondary HDD, 500 GB segate primary HDD, asus DVD/CD player

Posted 1 year ago

TOMATOPOTATO

anyone??

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Mother Board bad.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

TP,

You may have to wait for some of the Hardware guys to come online as they may have seen this with various builds before.

Incidentally, you may wish to state whether or not you built it yourself etc...

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Times 2

Posted 1 year ago

TOMATOPOTATO

i built it myself and has been working perfectly for over an year. the 1.5 Tb WD green HDD was bought a week ago and worked fine till now. the important thing to note is that after 1st error, the system started perfectly, everything worked perfect, after the 2nd freeze, the permanent fail occured which i am unable to recover. had it been a hardware failure, it shouldnt have recovered the first time around, right?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Check all connections.

Posted 1 year ago

TOMATOPOTATO

i did check all connections bro. i even changed cables, changed sata ports for hard drives, tried to boot with only one hard drive attached. no use :(

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@TOMATOPOTATO, Xhi and GS are right. Wait for a builder to help.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

http://www.asus.com/Motherboar.....3/#support

Re-Flash Bios to Latest Revision.

Re-Setup CMOS Defaults.

Inspect MB for Blown Out CAPs.

As a Builder, you should have enough spare parts on hand and know how to diagnose hardware issues.

RTM.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Install new CMOS battery.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.