The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - No dr letter

(30 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dandeedan4u4
  • Latest reply from dandeedan4u4
  • Topic Viewed 996 times

dandeedan4u4

Seagate GoFlex Free agent Desk 2tb hdd.-Running W/7/64- When I power on my GoFlex drive,1.The indicator light comes on and I hear sound indicator. 2. Devices and printers page show my Goflex dr. icon 3. My (safely remove hardware icon) next to clock shows item present. But when I go to Start>my computer>" only shows C dr.does not show any other drive. 4.Unit does not have a factory reset button. HISTORY. Last time I used it I hooked it up to my Dish DVR and downloaded 43 movies using their download manager and I believe they formatted the drive. After I got rid of all the movies my Goflex dr was blank!!!No autoplay. In my disk management folder it shows my C: as partition 0 and in partition 1 it shows 4 sections #1.100.00 gb #2 500.00 gb #3 500.gb #4 862.02gb total unallocated 1863.02gb on disk 1. All partitions show (Healthy Primary) Any help would be much appreciated Sincerely, Dan P.S. First time on forum

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Please post a picture of your Disk Management so that we can sort that out.

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

How do I post a picture. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. I tried to copy and paste. No luck. How do I find the URL for the disk management?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Have a read,
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

Give me a little time. While waiting I went to uttube and watched a clip about Photobucket and downloaded it. Now I have to find out where to find my URL for disk management. P.S. Just saw your photobucket tag tks Dan

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

can't seem to locate url for disk management. Opened a acct w/photobucket and searched under files for anything related to disk management no luck!! Am I looking in the wrong place? Dan Am going to try again

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Go to your start orb and type in disk management under search.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Dan, please do not report topics or mark them as solved until they are, in fact, solved.

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

Hey guys: I'm afraid my brain is getting fried. Can't seem to figure how to capture a picture of of my disk management. Photobucket has been revised and does not correspond with the website address you sent me. At any rate Ive been at this for 3 days now and I'm getting yelled at. I just can't figure out how to get the img of my disk management to the bucket to upload to you. Don't give up on me, I'll try again to do some more research tomorrow. TKS Dandeedan

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Use the snippet tool in Win7. Strat orb > all programs > Accessories > snippet tool.
You can capture your disk management and safe to a file.
One question: Your other partitions, do they have a drive letter assigned to them? If not you have to assign a drive letter using disk management

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

snippet tool = snipping tool on my Windows 7.

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

My only other partition is designated C: dr. P.S. I'm having a problem with the snipping tool and/or the prt/scrn using paint. Both seem to copy, but neither will paste off my clipboard or off my word program to this area below. I'm going to try something else because I really would like to find out how this works, photobucket and/or some other way so if I need to do something like this again I'll know how. Patience please TKS Dan

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

My snip was saved to my documents folder as dan's disk and when I tried to upload it to my image hosting site it errors to (No Decode Delegate for this image format) My snip was sent to my Microsoft word program.. I really appreciate all the help you guys are trying. TKS Dan I was however able to capture a picture. So I guess I'm one step closer. Hope you are not running out of options Dan

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

If you can see all your other partitions ( you refer to them as sections)in disk management try and assign a drive letter to one of them. Choose a higher letter so it doesn't conflict with anything, like maybe "J".
Can you now access your "J" partition?

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

Microsoft

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

disk ------ type === capacity ===== unallocated space = status==== device type==== Partition style

disk 0 Basic 465.76 gb 1mb online unknown MBR

disk 1 Basic 1863.02gb 0mb online USB MBR

cd-rom o DVD (D:) 0mb no media IDE MBR

Hope this helps Dan This is a copy of my disk management --Disk view NOTE: The 1863.02 gb is broken down into 4 sections 1st sect 100.00gb 2nd 500.00gb 3rd 500.00gb 4 862.02gn

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

disk ------ -----type ======== capacity ===== unallocated space = status==== device type==== Partition style

disk 0----------Basic ========465.76 gb =====1mb============ online==== unknown ======MBR

disk 1 ---------Basic=== ======1863.02gb =====0mb=========== online USB========== MBR

cd-rom o ------DVD (D:) --------0mb========== 0mb ===========no media=== IDE========= MBR

This is a copy of my disk management --Disk view NOTE: The 1863.02 gb is broken down into 4 sections 1st sect 100.00gb 2nd 500.00gb 3rd 500.00gb 4 862.02gn Hope this helps tks Dan

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

You keep referring to 4 sections. The sections are or should be partitions of your main drive. They require a drive letter to function properly.
Is this a new drive or has it been running for a while?
What did you use to make the 4 partitions?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

This is all useless until you post a picture of your full Disk Management like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted 1 year ago

dandeedan4u4

Hey:
Going by the picture above, mine looks like pretty much the same. Your disk 0 above shows 4 sections/partitions totaling 232.83 gb and is designated (c:) and my disk 0 holds 465.76gb and is designated (C:) However my disk 1 is broken down into 4 sections/partitions totaling 1863.02 gb which I think is my external seagate go flex 2tb hdd. Sorry!!! I guess what I'm calling a section is actually a partition or 4 small partitions within a larger partition I'll try to use better terminology. TKS Dan P.S. I'm still trying to find out how to send a pictuer/upload. Dan tks for the ImageShack.us upload. It really helped.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.