The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

no "Delete Account" option present win7

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by v1vk
  • Latest reply from RRRoman
  • Topic Viewed 259 times

v1vk

hello folks , i m using windows 7 here ,having two accounts first my personal and second named as "Administrator" , m not able to delete Administrator , there is not any option like delete account after selecting the "Manage Another Account " ,this is useless account i think it is reducing the boot-up speed i want to delete it ,help me i know there are solutions pls make me assured .

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

v1vk,

Is the second Account the Windows 7 Built-in Administrator Account ??

If so do NOT try to delete it !!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You can not delete the Administrator account it is special. Do not even try. If you do not want to see it on boot up simply start a command prompt by typing CMD in the start bar and right click on cmd.exe. Choose Run as Administrator, Type in:

net user administrator /active:no

It will then disappear. Having it active or not will not effect in any way the speed of your computer.

Posted 1 year ago

RRRoman

Yeah.. you should not delete it. I don't even think you can. I think the Administrator account in windows is like the root account in Linux, but at windows they went ahead and skipped a step for you to create an account connected to the root to protect you from yourself so to speak. Your main account is bound to the administrator account so that you still can run things in elevated mode, but some programs/actions actually require to be run from the Administrator account and that is where you need to take extra 5-10 minutes to think if you really want to do that.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!