How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - NFSMW dll

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Eddiebug1
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 517 times

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

I installed Need for Speed Most Wanted and when I try to play is says it is missing the .dll file and i don't have the disk does anyone know where i can find a new .dll file for it?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

How did you install it without the disk?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/.....wnload.htm
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000749.htm

Eddie, you didn't post back but, don't do bad things read through these.

I think you probably got that game through a torrent. Could be wrong but, anyway don't screw up your system with dll. help files.

Posted 1 year ago

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

Sorry I was offline; but I transferred it from my old computer. The copy on that HDD was from the disk. I didn't use a torrent my friend has the disk but it's hard to get a hold of it now that I live 900 miles away from him.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Find and copy the dll from your old computer. Also search to see if it is already on the new computer and just not registered. However, copying software from one computer to another without using the install procedure seldom works. You leave out the items in the system registry and things do not work. Finding and registering this dll may only lead you to the next one of many to have to deal with.

Posted 1 year ago

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

i had copied everything directly to an external HDD I'll have a hard time getting it off of the old computer because mysister has it and I'm sure you can understand how that goes with things yougive to a sibling.

Posted 1 year ago

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

I had to download an active x from Microsoft and another D3DX9_26.dll to get it to work

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

I read what you posted warlock and took that into advisery before downloading what I did and made sure the .dll was from a trusted sorce

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Eddie, Glad that worked out for you, more times than not it doesn't.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!