The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

nexus 7 flash no sound

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hwarner1975
  • Latest reply from hwarner1975
  • Topic Viewed 1400 times

hwarner1975

i have a nexus 7 and i installed flash ny the articel that is on here. the playback feature works but i have no sound. what do i need to do to get sound? please and thank you.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

On which browser.

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk
afuhnk

From HTG howto instal flash on nexus7
http://www.howtogeek.com/12027.....n-devices/

Bear in mind that Adobe hasn’t “certified” the Flash Player for Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) – it’s not guaranteed to work properly and you may see some bugs. Adobe is discontinuing development of Flash for Android.

In other words, Flash isn't meant to run on that device.
Problems are to be expected.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Flash installs perfectly well on a Nexus 7 - I have done it. The problem is the Chrome browser. Use Opera or Dolphin.

Posted 1 year ago

hwarner1975

i followed the attacehd htg [age and still have no sound. i installed firefox beta. the playback is fine but no sound.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Try Opera or Dolphin. I have sound with Opera.

Posted 1 year ago

hwarner1975

ok i will try one of those two thank you for the help. i will let u know the results.

Posted 1 year ago

hwarner1975

i have downloaded both opera and dolphin and i can't get either to work. it says i need to download flash but i already have it. if i go back to firefox beta it works but still no sound. what am i doing wrong. please and thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

I have sound on Opera. But interestingly enough not on all videos. Most work fine, but some seem to be muted - one can only hear a very faint sound. But I have no idea what to do about it. Sorry

Posted 1 year ago

hwarner1975

is there anybody else that has any ideas how i can either get sound with firefox or get the player to work altogether in dolphin or opera? please and thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.