How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Newly Built PC Won't Shutdown

(2 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by AstronomyDomine
  • Latest reply from AstronomyDomine
  • Topic Viewed 727 times

AstronomyDomine

Hello guys,
I just got done building my first PC, but I've encountered a problem that worries me already. I did my first boot and reset the CMOS, and the PC started right up and entered BIOS. I will not have my OS, (Windows 7 Pro), until tomorrow. I chose exit on the Bios and hit the power button to turn it off, but nothing powered down. The monitor went to a yellow light, but all of the other components and lights stayed on. I haven't updated or loaded any component software or drives yet, nor have I made any changes within Bios. I'm new to building PC's, so I apologize if any information is lacking from this initial post.
PC Hardware
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth z77
Video card: EVGA 670 GTX 670 2g
PSU: OCZ 850w
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
SSD: Crucial 128g
HDD: Barracuda 1TB
CPU Fan: Corsair Hydro H100
Mem: Corsair Vengeance 16g
Case: Thermaltake level 10 gt
DVD/CD: Asus dvd/cd burner

Again, I apologize if I'm lacking on any information that might be needed. I can't think of anything that sounded awkward during the boot up process. I grounded myself before I touched any and all components; this may have been too cautious, but I didn't want to zap anything with carelessness. Anyways, I appreciate any feedback, and I hope it's a simple fix. /crossesfingers

Posted 2 years ago

AstronomyDomine

Actually, I got in a rush typing and forgot one bit of information. Before I reset the CMOS, I hit the power and all the fans/lights came on; the light on the monitor turned green with no Bios though. I used the power button and it turned right off. That's when I reset the CMOS real quick and it booted up. Sorry for the omission.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.