SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

(Solved) - Newbie needs help ...log in Problems!!!!

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by mfuasi
  • Latest reply from mfuasi
  • Topic Viewed 1050 times

mfuasi

I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 to my desktop and i am experincing difficuties during log on!I entered my username and password and i got a message that either one of them is false.I have reinstalled the OS and during login i get the same error message.Is there a way i can turn things around and start using the OS?

Posted 6 years ago

digitalhead

You didn't mention any troubleshooting you have performed other than reinstalling, so here are the generalized tips:

1) You can't login as the root user, and that's the best way to leave it. (in case that's what you were trying to do)
2) Double check any capitalizations.
3) If you use the number keys on the right side of the keyboard, make sure the number lock is turned on, or us the number keys at top.
4) Be sure that you didn't use any off-beat keyboard configurations during installation. Choosing the wrong keyboard map can cause keys to be mapped improperly. (as in pressing "g" could give you a "r" if it's too bad)

Posted 6 years ago

mfuasi

Thank for the info..one more thing.How to i establish my keyboard configuration because the main problem is logging in after boot.I think i set wrong keyboard configurations (maybe)&%?

Posted 6 years ago

mfuasi

I had to rreinstall Ubuntu again to reset the keyboard settings password.The problem has been solved!Thanks for the tips.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.