New subjects for the forum

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jmeeks49
  • Latest reply from Enthusiast
  • Topic Viewed 1173 times

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Guys and Gals,

I would like some feedback, what would you like to see in the forum? I have been posting different information about different kinds of Assistive Technology but nobody has really commented on it. I will be more than happy to find out about what kind of technology that you might need but i need some feedback.

Thank you,

John Meeks

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

John, please refer to my earlier Email regarding this.
We worked to get the forum setup, so please wait and see.
The Information that we both post is being read and hopefully assimilated.
HTG forums exist to cover all aspects of Computer knowledge, not just one.
Time will tell and it has been a while now, we are the only forum that has this facility BTW.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

@John, Right now since your forum is still fairly new you might not see a lot of feedback. However the members here know of it and can find the great information that you provide. If you are looking for something to explore, might I suggest W8 if you haven't already done so. Those in need of the information you give will be buying computers with it installed or ugraded to it. To stay ahead of the game post what they can expect with the new OS. and the effect it may have on them. Just a thought.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Thanks Joe i will.

@Mike, yeah i know. giving it time..

John

Posted 2 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

@ John.. You are doing fantastic job,and bringing so many innovations to assist those with all sorts of disabilities.

I wonder if a change of heading may bring some more interest.
As we regulars are aware of this Forum, most newcomers NEVER look anywhere else other than straight into to get their own, (usually), problem solved.

So many, never venture to look, even at the Tutorials, which also have much information to assist, able and disabled alike.

Maybe..... 'Disabled assistance' just a personal suggestion, to spell it out:) if you gather my intentions!!!
Unless it is right under the nose some just mind think "what do I want to access? I am already logged on"

Keep up the very good work...
Also remember many will look and not comment, but pass your info along.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

@Kate, yeah, i thought about the heading to Accessibility is kind of a broad heading. It can mean different things than just Assistive Technology i just want the awareness of Assistive Technology and just not Accessibility. I will have to talk to Mike about the name change and see if it can be done or if it's a more of a headache to do it. Thank you for the kind words.

John

Posted 2 years ago

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

John, the name Assistive Technology is clear and conveys what the forum is about. I for one think if someone is looking for this type of information they can tell by the name that they are in the right place. As others have pointed out, it may take some time for people to recognize this new forum and venture in to see what is offered. Maybe we could have a sticky to the effect "Assistive Technology Forum - Helping You Get Things Done". This or a similar sticky would bring some attention that we do offer help in this area. Keep up the good work.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.