How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - New SpyBot 2

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by JayBo
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 586 times

JayBo
JayBo

Not at all comfortable with new Spybot 2..:)
Wondering if I should use the immunization feature. It did at one time interfere with SpywareBlaster. Sorry, But I am still just trying to attain a good security system that I can sorta master...Thanks,,,any help appreciated ,,Also,,,May I please ask if How to forum has an email notification when post is replied to., and how to for that setting...Thanks again...Jim

Posted 1 year ago

marks100
marks100

get rid of spywareblaster, and spybot 2 ???? have you any info ,or reviews on this .

mark.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Jim, this is far superior to any of the above; http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

The free version works fine.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

JayBo
JayBo

Not really any reviews on Sb,Mr mark....I think I will just uninstall SpyWareBlaster AND SpyBot, just use "SAS Corrected"
only as suggested.
Is there an email notification on HTG when post is answered or replied to, via email,,, please....Thanks again,,,much appreciated...jim

Posted 1 year ago

marks100
marks100

jim,as to posting notifications when a reply is given you will just have to pop in and look

mark.good luck

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Sorry Jim, we don't have that facility.
If I'm watching a particular post I have it open in another tab and have it reload every 30s (Firefox)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

No email notification. Just have to check in.

I like to add Malwarebytes Antimalware in addition to the SAS. Neither are real time and can be run at will.

Posted 1 year ago

JayBo
JayBo

Thanks for all the much appreciated help and advice. I had not even thought of the tab left open idea, I have no problem keeping an eye out for answer, seeing as my attention span needs frequent supervision...Thanks again guys....Jim

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Know what you mean on attention span.
You can add your topic to MyFavorites, which will update every time you login

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

or ...
rss feeds.

edit:
LOL!
in between posts.

Posted 1 year ago

JayBo
JayBo

Now that`s just the ticket for ole Jim, Mr Mike...Thanks again,,,,,HTG is my friend...!!....Jim

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Love you too Jim!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Spywareblaster is fine. Just update it on a weekly basis. Spybot, too heavy on resources a while back, get rid of it.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.