• Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 4327 times

Aleeve
Aleeve

@Rick, thanks, just have!

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

After I unchecked the "Server Verification" box (as suggested in the link that ScottW provided), the trusted site entry worked and now both Link and Image work properly. Thanks everybody for the assistance and guidance.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

My pictures come off my websites and I just code them in using image html tags.
I don't know anything about the Trusted Server Box.
I wonder if all folks will be able to see my pics ????
@Moderator,
@Geek,
Scott saw my test pics OK last night but wonder if others can who don't know about Trusted Server Trick in whatever O/S or browers they are using ????

Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Rick, the discussion was about a warning message one got from the IE in Vista. But when you add HTG to the trusted sites, then you are no more being molested by this warning every time you click LINK or IMAGE. In XP you may not have this same problem.
PS: What are those pics you are talking about?

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

I posted a test pic of me holding my small grandson on this thread. It appeared to be seen by all so I just deleted the test pic after about an hour since it was personal and more of a off topic picture than a technical picture.

I will post a test pic in the Off-Topic testing topic later. Will leave it up and you can tell me if you see it ok.

There is a pict of my desktop on the off-topic thread called "show your desktops".

I prefer to pull the pics off of my websites instead of trusting a public site. They say they delete them but you can never be sure in today's world.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

the only thing i got to post from the image button was a link. s'now whatza perceedger? :P

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

0zSpitt,

It was fixed by Scott.
EDIT: Normal Font Size Restored For Decorum.
Go look.
http://www.bbcode.org/tags.php#6
Kindest Regards,

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Guys, regarding making IE7 work with the scripts

Ugrade to IE8! because, in IE7, if you allow howtogeek.com as a trusted site, that puts it in a separate 'zone' so then you have to view htg in a different window to everything else

in IE8 this doesnt happen

:)

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I'm going to fix this script so that it doesn't require any settings... will have it fixed soon.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Ok,

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.