The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

New Forum Theme Coming Soon...

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from edmenje
  • Topic Viewed 1599 times

The Geek

The idea is to simplify navigation, clean up the UI, make things work a lot better, and have a few more needed features. The right-hand menu will be the same as you navigate around the forum, other than on the topic pages. So you can easily switch between My Topics or a forum in the list without having to hit the back button. There's also easy access to your Favorites, which is a nice improvement.

Here's what it's going to look like:

http://www.howtogeek.com/geeke.....0e628a.jpg

Posted 2 years ago

SarahJames

Awsome!
I think I'm going to love it :)

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst

The beauty of the HTG forum is that it looks different as compared to those phpBB forums. Anyone, I mean ANYONE can understand the system in just 1 minute.
With the redesign, hope the simplicity remains intact (it will, for sure!) :)

Posted 2 years ago

Seasider2

Nice.

Posted 2 years ago

semiretired

I would like to see who originated the thread also.

This place is the goto for simplicity and it's great that people from all over the world come here to both ask and advise. Keep up the great work people.

I have always wanted HTG to use Tapatalk for mobile also. If you post a picture, it works well with tapatalk.

Posted 2 years ago

semiretired

I usually go back to "forum" when I'm done with a thread and start over. This should be much better.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

semiretired, you can use your edit button for upto 30 minutes.

Posted 2 years ago

The Geek

I'll add Tapatalk to my list of things to consider. Since this forum software isn't supported, not sure how difficult it would be to implement.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Oh gawd, I see more problems ahead :)

Posted 2 years ago

edmenje

semiretired mentioned a feature suggestion I'd like to +1, it would be nice to see who and when the thread was started (sometimes a new post is in a thread started and pretty much ignored for a year or more, this would help identify that fact right away) I sometimes get intrigued by a topic and open the thread only to find someone posting a response to an OP who will probably never see it.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.