New FIOS plan

(16 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 4173 times

InDiSent

Verizon FIOS has a new plan out:

Fios Flex Play Double Bundle - $79.99

20/5 internet and HD DVR service included.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

nice but a little out of my budget range

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Is that not very expensive? I pay €15 for DSL and about the same for TV. That is a total of about $40. And I have 325 TV channels of which I use only about 90 - most of them without commercials. Plus I have my doubts about the 20/5 - maybe on a rainy day at 4AM and even then?

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i guess but i don't have any tv service just internet and i can't get fios :( because i live to far out of town

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

Does that plan come with their premium World's Worst Customer Service™ package?

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

haha i think that i might consider your misfortune if i ever want to give it a go

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

More for the saga...

So I realized that I needed two more FIOS TV set-top boxes for my house... so I called the regular 800 number, they didn't understand what I was asking.

Then I went online and after browsing around and around their confusing site I finally found a link for "Add a set-top box", which took me to the page that showed the list of plans, and another 800 number to call.

So I called that number, they said they had no idea how to order that and I had to go to the local office. (What local office?)

So I went to the local verizon wireless store and talked to them, and they gave me a local number to call and told me to press 1 for agent, which I did. Naturally I was told that number was the wrong number, and given another number.

Finally, I got through to somebody who said they put the order in, but somebody would have to come onsite and install the boxes, I asked for a 2-5 PM window for the install, so I worked from home.

At 6PM there was no sign of any tech at all, so I called the last number that worked, and after going through a dozen menus finally got to a very nice automated machine that told me they would call the tech and ask where he was.

So at 6:30 I finally called back and sat on hold for 20 minutes, waiting to talk to a real person. At that point I finally got through to somebody, and after making some comments about their mother, I finally got them to call the tech and ask where in the flying hell he was.

At 7:30 I finally got a call from the tech, saying he was on his way.

By 8pm he finally showed up, and for some reason thought he was installing new fios service. I informed him I just wanted the damn boxes, so he installed them.

At 8:30pm after he left I realized... the DVR service isn't working. Annoying.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Sounds like a typical American scenario. Reason is that they have no professionals at most levels of their operation and try to substitute with computers and automated systems. Unfortunately that is starting in Europe now too. I hate those systems. All they do is waste your time. Whenever possible, I call their corporate office and ask for a "case manager". Amazingly, that works in many cases.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

Yeah, their customer service sucks big time. As far as the 20/5 goes....that's realistic...it's fiber not dsl. I use a few different sites to check my speeds on a regular basis and i typically get my 20/5.
As long as you don't have issues, need to change your bill or just get in touch with them for anything then it works great. God forbid you need to talk to them...then it's a nightmare. Let's see how long they take to reimburse me for the TV....they said it should be about 2 weeks.

Posted 5 years ago

whs

20/5 sounds tempting - the rest does not. I have to say though, I have great regards for Bell South. Their service is outstanding. The only company I know that calls after they helped with a problem to make sure the problem is really fixed. And they are swift and competent. The only other company that is really good is Canon. They sent me a new expensive photo printer when my printer (same model) broke down after more than 2 years of use. They even paid for the FedEx return ticket of the old printer. In contrast, Brother did not even want to talk to me on problems with a brand new printer and I had to fight them all the way to get even half of my money back - for a piece of their $500 junk.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

Yeah, the FIOS speeds are awesome. I was just downloading a movie.....er a file @ 1.8MB/s. The speeds are the only reason i put up with their crap. That and the fact that Bright house has too many outages all the time.

Here's a speed test from a few minutes ago. This is with 3 physical machines currently accessing the internet and a virtual machine connected to my companies VPN.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

nice i wish i was even close to those kinds of speeds just you upload speed is 5 times faster than my download speeds lol

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

I have Fios too. Really love their customer service...not! But since I don't have a phone line my only
other alternative is Comcast.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

I see you have the 5/2 plan.

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

Yes. It's plenty fast for my needs.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

It's been a while since i've had a chance to post. They actually reimbursed me for the TV in a timely manner. I had a 32" Tube TV that they broke. I ended up getting a 42" Plasma for Roughly $8 out of pocket. That works for me.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.