How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

New Design - Logout Link has Moved

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 594 times

thegeek
The Geek

You'll find the Logout link on the right-hand side now...

The login box is right on the forum home page.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Nice look! Faster to read.

One problem has been carried over from the old look. Posts from as recent as yesterday show up as not read even though they have been read as late as today.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

LF. Try. Click on the topic (not Jump to latest post), then Latest reply. Then Back, right click, back.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

What would be the point? Anywho, as long as the newer posts keep working, the problem with the older ones will eventually die of old age.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

I like the new design, it's sleeker. Even the images across the top are crisper although it did take me 5 mins to find the Forums from the Home page :D

Nice one 'G' :) :)

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Yeah, I had a bit of a problem finding the forums at first. Mayhap renaming Discussion to Forums would be a good move.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Also noticed the App picture has changed, used to be the Geek image/icon and now it's a black square with HTG written in it. I think I've seen that used before somewhere during another 'transitional' period.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I like the new interface. It's a lot cleaner!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

This is assuming, of course, that I ever logout. My house is like England (The sun never sets on the British Empire), there is always a computer on and logged in somewhere.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I think the the term Discussion is more appropriate for the HTG website than Forum as we have evolved into more of a social networking group where answers are born out of back and forth conversations between members with sometimes opposing views and solutions to current computing issues.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ Rick,

Discussion or Argument ?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Rick, Sometimes bending the forum or now discussion rules but, I agree.

@GS, Debate maybe.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I don't think one would want to put the terms Argument or Debate on the Header of the Main Page. (LOL)

Would Not be good for solicitation of new members who might not want to engage in aggressive confrontation over normally simple computing questions. :) :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Me either, Discussion was a good choice.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

We still have forums and forum tools listed though. Maybe that should follow the theme and, say discussions. http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Granted the forums are more like discussions but that's what most forums are and most people coming to the site would be looking for a forum. A rose by any other name?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Again, I think you should have opened this discussion in OT.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.