The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Networking Hell

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by lancex95
  • Latest reply from lancex95
  • Topic Viewed 711 times

lancex95

Still with this problem. But it only gets worse so i return to ask for help again my friends.

here is a list of pcs and laptops in my house

PC running Windows 7 64bit
PC Running Windows XP Professional SP2
Laptop Running Windows 7 32Bit
3 Laptops Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

and what i want to also stream media to:

Playstation 3 80GB

and my printer of course

HP Photosmart 2570 Series

so what is my issue you may ask? Well my two Desktop PCs (the first two listed) cannot be accessed by any other pc on my network, nor can my playstation 3 get media being streamed off of them. They also cannot access any of the other pcs either. The laptops however have no streaming problems or access problems. The reason this is an issue? My 64bit pc has all my music and movies and stuff streaming from it. it is the core of my network essentially, but i cannot figure out this network issue for once. Could somebody perhaps help me get all these computers networked together perfectly? I am even willing to do some type of remote assistance if they are willing!

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC

Maybe you could try going through the steps again here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-7-and-xp/ and hopefully by doing it again it can correct the problem. I hope this can help.

Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

Unfortunately no, this did not help me solve my problem

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead

Hi. Have you checked all computers are on the same subnet and workgroup?

Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

Indeed they are

Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

UPDATE:

I solved most issues by configuring Kaspersky again on my two windows 7 PCs, now they can both access all other pcs but here is my last issue. My laptop can access my pc (these are the two windows 7 computers) but my PC cannot access my laptop. Why is this? It is not a big issue, but i know it will bother me

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.