The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Network windows 7 and xp pc's

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by roselps
  • Latest reply from Bartman
  • Topic Viewed 677 times

roselps

have new pc with windows 7, tyring to network old pc with xp. can see new when i am on old but cannot see old when i am on new. (only have one monitor so i have to switch cables back and forth which is a headache). tried everything i can think of with no luck. rally could use some help. thanks in advance

Posted 4 years ago

DarrellRaines

Sounds like a firewall issue to me. Do you have two firewalls running such as Microsoft's firewall and a Antivirus firewall?

On a side note, you may want to install a program like LogMeIn from logmein.com

You can remotely control the pc that you don't have hooked up to a monitor from the one hooked up to it. There are other programs on the market and web, but logmein is free for home use and works well with the least amount of configuration.

Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

I have this exact same problem but my firewalls are configured correctly as far as i know (unless somebody knows how i should configure Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on windows 7 and COMODO internet security on windows xp)

and id want to avoid programs such as log me in, due to the fact i have a multiple PC network (5+ pcs) and then i also stream media to my PS3

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

lancex95. Please ask your question in a New Topic. Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!