The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Network drives not showing on workstations

(1 post)
  • Started 3 years ago by Laci
  • Topic Viewed 267 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
Laci

I manage a small domain server with ten workstations connected. It's a Windows 2003 Server and all 9 workstations except 2 are running Windows 7 Pro. The other two are using XP Pro. All ten workstations used to list the server and the other 9 workstations under "Network" until about three weeks ago. Now only the server and one XP Pro workstation lists all members of the domain network. The others all show a partial listing of 2-5 workstations. I did not make any changes to the server or the network. All relevant services/processes seem OK on the server and are starting and running properly. I've done a lot of research in the last couple of weeks but a resolution has not been found. Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate it as I am losing a lot of sleep over this one!

The only thing that changed was the Cisco 800 series modem/router that our ISP installed about 3 weeks ago. Can this installation mess up my network? I would think not because it feeds into a 24 port switching hub going to the LAN side.

Thanks,

Laci

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.