The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Network Connections Disappeared

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by jKmac
  • Latest reply from jKmac
  • Topic Viewed 576 times

jKmac

My new laptop runs Windows 7 professional (which I love). My desktop computer runs Windows XP Professional. The computer was purchased on Sunday and on Sunday and Monday I had no problems with the network connections. The laptop and the desktop saw each other and I downloaded files. Monday night there was a Windows update on the laptop and a Windows Explorer 7.? on the desktop. Now, this morning I am unable to see the other computer on either computer's network. I have tried running a Network diagnostic, installing a new workgroup, and removing the Internet Explorer update that was done last night. Still, the computers do not see each other, though they are both able to see the Internet router, which is what is supposed to connect them both. and, yes, I have folders shared on both computer. I double-checked that also, and that my Windows Firewall was on, but with exceptions. I am at a loss to figure out what happened between last night and today. Can you help me?

Posted 4 years ago

jKmac

Never mind. I just discovered that somehow the Workgroup on my laptop got changed. Why and how I have no idea, but I was sure glad to find that!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.