How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Netgear router issue

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by pranavnigam
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 308 times

pranavnigam

Hi,

I am using this netgear WGR614 N150 router with my reliance Broadband connection. Recently it has started getting disconnected frequently from internet. All devices attached to this get disconnect once this issue happens. I am using 2 machines mostly:
1. Windows XP desktop (wired)
2. Samsung S3 Android phone. (wireless)

I contacted my ISP and they are saying its not their fault which seems to be true since internet is working fine when PC is directly connected to modem w/o router.

I have hard reset the router and have applied many troubleshooting steps mentioned on various tech websites but nothing seems to help.

Please help me in this regard.

Other Information:
1. IP and DNS provided by ISP are both dynamic and hence assigned to automatic.
2. Even at the time of disconnection I am still able to open router home page and can browse around different settings.
3. there is no change in the way lights blink on router even at the time of disconnection.
4. Problem gets solved when i use opendns instead of automatic but only for 1 session. After that its not even able to connect once and i have to again switch to automatic dns settings to connect.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Time to purchase a new router. They do go bad.

Posted 1 year ago

pranavnigam

Hi Xhi,

Thanks for replying back. However,

1. Its still under warranty.
2. Its working fine on another connection, so it has got to do something with the settings.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

If it were I and it was under warranty, I'd send it back. I know of no settings that say drop this line every once in a while. If it worked on another connection even with the same computers then I would still be suspicious.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!