The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

nero 8 compatibility ?

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by nerdnan
  • Latest reply from nerdnan
  • Topic Viewed 3994 times

nerdnan

hi guys,i would like to know if nero 8 will run on my vista home premimum 64 bit,thank you

Posted 6 years ago

wallaceb

it is supposed to be compatible
in fact, i am running Nero 6. when i first launched it, it said there was a known compatibility, but i told it to never show the message again. i use the nero almost every day, and i have no issues.

you should have no issues with version 8

Posted 6 years ago

nerdnan

thank you wallaceb for your input,my xp pc had no problems with nero 6,but my vista can be picky at times,a lot of programs won`t run on the 64 bit vista,thank you,i will just keep browsing ...

Posted 6 years ago

wallaceb

i did not know you have the 64 bit. i have been using the 32 bit, so i cannot say if having the 64 bit will cause problems or not

But as i recall, Nero 8 is supposed to be fully Vista Compatible

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

Nerdnan, just check the Nero 8 system requirements:
http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-.....ments.html

To quote: "Windows® XP Professional x64, Windows® Vista® x64 (all applications except InCD, and Nero Scout work in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)". So, I guess that means it runs in Vista x64 but is still a 32-bit application.

I have Nero 8 running on Vista Home Premium. Nero 6 was NOT officially Vista compatible, but 7 and 8 are. See the Windows compatibility website for the final word:
http://www.microsoft.com/windo.....#38;s=nero

Posted 6 years ago

nerdnan

thanks scottw,you are very helpful,i will check it out,having 2x 64 bit pcs can be a pain sometimes with compatibility issues,much appreciated ......

Posted 6 years ago

nerdnan

scottw you were right,nero 7 & 8 are compatible with 64 bit vista,you are a gem,thanks heaps ........great site for info...

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.