The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - NERO

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by ronniesonora
  • Latest reply from ronniesonora
  • Topic Viewed 524 times

ronniesonora

Just installed a new dvd/cd burner with light scribe. The software that came with it is Nero. I've never used Nero, usually stick with ImgBurn. So, I was wandering if I could get some options on the Nero software?

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek
minigeek

The one part of the Nero suite that I really liked was the DVD maker. I used the advanced options last year to make a nice DVD of a school play, and it turned out really well! I got paid twice as much as I thought I would, because they were so impressed with the menus, the intro video and other nice aspects!
I used it to make the ISO file, put it onto the network and then used ImgBurn to automatically burn it on several PCs - I just had to keep on feeding them disks. Personally I use ImgBurn for everything else.

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

Zagreus
Zagreus

If you get Nero with a DVD burner, it's usually with limited features and not the full hit, in the hope you will by the full package. I have been using Nero and Imgburn for a long time.

Daveh

Posted 2 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

You probably got a 'demo' or limited function copy of Nero. Full one is probably one you can upgrade to. Nero is a complete movie/picture suite. Go to NERO.COM to see more. It is like other movie/picture suites, such as Roxio, Magix, and otheres...

I use it occasionally, like it.

Irv S.

Posted 2 years ago

nt0xik8ed
nt0xik8ed

Nero will gunk everything up. Just install Lightscribe and imgburn, and thats all you'll need.

Posted 2 years ago

ronniesonora

You can mark this solved. I accept all answers and thank everyone for their post. And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!