The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Need to revert to previous file version

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by lkphoto
  • Latest reply from lkphoto
  • Topic Viewed 1312 times

lkphoto

Hi, I would really appreciate any super Urgent help on how to revert to previous file versions. All my files are jpg and I am using XP. Is there something similar to a system restore? A freeware program that I could use? Is there something I can do? ... Apart from backup every single time I try to rename my files?! Thanks in advance.

Posted 6 years ago

syn

Do you only mean when you change the name of a file or what the file it self has in it.

Posted 6 years ago

lkphoto

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I think I edited the photos (created greyscales) at the same time as I was renaming them with Irfanview program. So both.

Posted 6 years ago

syn

on that there would be no way except if you had a backup of the file previously..... or if you saved it to a different location i think ifranview creates a new image then.... but i can not be 100% on that... there maybe other choices.

Posted 6 years ago

lkphoto

Could my computer have automatically created a backup without me manually doing so? How could I find out if so and how could I restore a backed up file?

Posted 6 years ago

taybay

If you have Vista Ultimate, you may have backups. If you have anything less, then no. If you're desperate, you can try this program to color your greyscale photos. http://www.recolored.com/

Posted 6 years ago

lkphoto

Thanks for your replies. I have searched high and low and have only found ways to prevent it from happening again. Will start re-doing all my work. :(

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.