SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

need some help to share two office PC's and to get email on both and share files

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by ziggihaha
  • Latest reply from gedstar
  • Topic Viewed 257 times

ziggihaha

Hi,

I am not unfortunately brilliant with PC's but if I am given steps to follow I can do so. I have tried googling to see if there is any help out there but is gets me to a certain point when I get stuck and don't know what else to do.

Basically we have a main pc in the office let's call this PC1 and a secondary one which is used occasionally for minor admin and emails lets call this PC2.

PC1 has windows 7 running on it and PC2 has Wins Vista Business on it. They are both plugged into the same router. I have set up windows live mail on both as I prefer using this to Outlook.

I need to be able to set it so that the emails that are on PC 1 are mirrored on PC2, alternatively all emails can be sent through to PC2 but I don't want PC2 to be able to delete mails and they disappear from PC1. It would be useful if emails can be sent from PC2 and it be mirrored on PC1.

Secondly I would like to be able to share files. All the main admin is done on PC1 but there are occasions when PC1 is busy doing other activities and we need PC2 to be able to access the files and create/amend files. It would be handy for them all still to be stored on PC1 rather than having them stored everywhere across both PC's.

Both pc's are named and are in the same work group.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

ziggihaha hi and welcome. Regarding Email;

http://www.howtogeek.com/99423.....-exchange/

Question 2 is a different matter and I'm not sure what you are asking

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Is this what your talking about in question 2

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....and-vista/

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!