The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Need help with "legal geekdom"

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by NYCaribou
  • Latest reply from NYCaribou
  • Topic Viewed 411 times

NYCaribou

I've decided it's finally time to pick up a good gaming mouse. While there are several highly recommended choices from Logitech, many people also feel that true MMO gaming mice come from Razer.

The reason I'm coming here to talk about this is that I've heard that Razer Inc. has gone DRM-- Digital Rights Management.

If this is true, I'd like to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, or if it depends on circumstances... and whichever is the case, why. I know very little about what DRM entails and would like to get some advice on the matter.

Anything that anyone can tell me that will help me better understand the ramifications, will be appreciated.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

It's cobblers.

http://penny-arcade.com/report.....-on-you-no

Posted 1 year ago

NYCaribou

I read further into the DRM thing and spoke with a number of friends in the gaming circle. While some of my fears were allayed, I decided to go with a Logitech MX 518 Optical Mouse. It's not perfect, but I like it.

I'm going to mark this thread solved for the purpose of taking it out of "Limbo." I'm still not entirely convinced of whether DRM is good or bad or somewhere in between, but since I ultimately stuck with the Logitech brand, Razer and its DRM stuff has become moot.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.