SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Need help in IE7 regarding Favorite - Vista user.

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by REMINATOR
  • Latest reply from REMINATOR
  • Topic Viewed 1408 times

REMINATOR

:) :) First time here and I enjoyed reading the tips and tricks section. Great board.
With that, I have a minor problem. If this question is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. In Internet Explorer 7, to get the sidebar for Favorite I would have to press "CRTL+Shift+I" on the keyboard or View->Explorer Bar->Favorite from the IE7 Menu. I used the Favorite sidebar on and off a lot depending whether I want to see the full page or not. If I use the Star icon, once it opens, the sidebar is disappear. It doesn't stay open like IE6.

My question, is there a way to create an icon on IE (tool bar) so that it will work like I'm pressing CRTL+Shift+I and open the Favorite sidebar? If I create an icon to open a website, it will work but not from a short cut key or hot key whatever you called it, ehehe.

Last but not least, I changed the password, but once it's updated, my new password or the old password wouldn't work. Did I do something wrong? It said to enter the new password twice then press the update button. I did that and when I logged in neither the new nor the old password is workable. I had to reset and use the default password.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I don't think there's any way to make IE do that... but it's really easy in Firefox =)

What do you mean by password... are you talking about the forum?

Posted 6 years ago

REMINATOR

Corrected, I meant the forum password.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

hmm, I just changed my password fine...

I'm guessing your browser has saved the password, and is saving the wrong one?

Posted 6 years ago

REMINATOR

Okay, I just download and install FireFox again. The bookmark icon from there work just the way I wanted like IE6. The password problem is also solved by using Firefox. Hm, does that mean my IE7 is screwed up? Hm.

So, here's another question. Firefox has the capability to import IE favorites. So if I was to add more favorite in IE and I want to put this new links into Firefox favorite, does Firefox has a feature which it can "update" the new information? If I press the import selection, it will create another set of favorite folder which I don't want it. I just want the update one.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

You can use this application to sync your bookmarks between browsers.

http://bookmarkbridge.sourceforge.net/

I'll shoot an email to the Geek about the IE password thing.

Posted 6 years ago

REMINATOR

Cool, many thanks supermanshost!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!