SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Need a Website builder & host that can support databases.

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by meltyourwings
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 3592 times

meltyourwings

Hi Folks,

First time posting here. I am hoping someone can point me to a site where I can rebuild my site, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At the moment my site is through Weebly.com, but we're about to launch our amazing grilling sauce and we need to have a database to keep track of a customer referral and rewards program. Weebly doesn't host databases, so I'm out of luck and need to move. I have a programmer who will build the database for me, but I need a place that also has a good WYSIWYG site builder so I can recreate the site while he works on the back end. I have some HTML knowledge and a smattering of CSS, just enough of both to get in there and edit parts of the code, but not enough to hand-code the whole site.

Any suggestions?

I suppose another possibility could be hosting the database in on one service and connecting to it through my current site on Weebly. Does anyone know if this is "doable"? I'm sure it's possible, but is it advisable?

Thanks,

- Scott

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Self promotion is not allowed here.

And many web hosting sites offer web build/creation materials also an e-commerce type domain for businesses.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

I have to say that I agree with GS. Link deleted.
The question is questionable;
And your username does really give it away!
quote 'but we're about to launch our amazing grilling sauce' really is suggestive.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

meltyourwings

My apologies. I truly wasn't trying to pull a fast one, I had been writing marketing materials for hours when I posted here, and I really do need help. I know that there are plenty of sites which offer build/creation services, but I haven't found any that allow for MySql or the like.

Sorry for the faux pas, and thank you for the etiquette lesson. I'll be more cautious in the way I post here and elsewhere in the future.

Any assistance, suggestions or advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Scott

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

This site offers SQL databasing but you would have to ask them as to whether or not they will do exactly what you ask.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.