How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Native Language

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by mayagrafix
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 386 times

mayagrafix
mayagrafix

I am currently living abroad and every time I install anything on my PC it reverts to the local native language. Even though I speak the lingo fluently, I still prefer my computing interactions to be in English. For instance, Adobe Reader installs in the local language, now I have to decipher the menus.

I know that only Windows Supreme Edition allows you to change language, so I'm stuck there, but what setting do I change in Windows so that everything else will revert to English? is it timezone? location? Halp!

Thanks for any and all help :-)

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

You really have to download the programs from a US site and install those. A lot of general programs you can get from Filehippo.com which is a very good and safe site. For the others, you have to scout for the US sites.

Once you installed a program form a foreign site, there is really nothing you can do to change the language - just uninstall it and reinstall the US version.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

And set your computers location as the US.

Posted 1 year ago

mayagrafix
mayagrafix

Thanx. What really bugs me is Web Sites that revert to local language other than English. Google, Facebook, etc. have an annoying habit to go native no matter how often one sets preferences to ENGLISH.

How do road warriors do it? are they faced with this problem when they travel abroad?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I had a similar problem when I moved to France. Set the comp to UK, and prob solved.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!